At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Children’s Museum has an opening for a Bilingual Museum Educator to develop and facilitate enriching, play-based educational programming for school groups.
Position: Museum Educator - Bilingual
FLSA Status: Non-exempt; Full-time, 40 hours per week
Schedule: Monday-Friday, with occasional holiday, weekend and evening hours as needed
Open: October 31, 2017
Close: November 13, 2017
Responsibilities and Essential Function
- Develop and facilitate engaging, developmentally-appropriate educational programs for school groups, community outreach and special events
- Translate program curricula and deliver educational programs for children PreK-Grade 3 in Spanish and to Dual Language Learners.
- Manage supplies, resources and budget for school programs
- Serve as a customer service ambassador on the Museum floor by welcoming and engaging guests, answering questions and explaining exhibit features
- Respond appropriately and promptly to visitor concerns or complaints, and communicate with other staff as needed to ensure issues are resolved
- Clean and reset exhibits during opening/closing times and throughout the day
- Collaborate with colleagues in Education and other departments on projects
- Provide support for special events, and for Museum volunteers and Education department interns
- Handle emergency situations with professionalism and competence
- Drive to and from off-site programs
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License and current proof of insurance
- Pass a motor vehicle inquiry to drive company vehicles
- At least 18 years of age
- Abide by all Museum Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs and stand for extended periods of time (up to 6 hours); other physical requirements of the position may include but are not limited to walking, bending, reaching, stooping, crouching or sitting on the floor
- Wear appropriate attire and uniform when on duty
- Engaging, dynamic presentation and teaching skills
- Knowledge of experiential education approaches
- Minimum of six months experience of training or employment in early childhood education or child development; early childhood teaching experience preferred
- Informal education, theater or performance experience desirable
- Flexible, energetic and strong work ethic
- Fluent English proficiency, writing, speaking, and comprehension skills
- Fluent Spanish proficiency, writing, speaking, and comprehension skills
- College degree required; concentration in relevant field preferred
Please send resume, references and cover letter to:
School Programs Manager
Please title subject line “Museum Educator - Bilingual.” No phone calls, please.
Be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to directly contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position, however please check your inbox and junk mail for any correspondence.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.