The mission of the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. The Children’s Museum has an opening for a full-time Floor Supervisor to ensure that all Museum guests have an educational, enjoyable and safe experience.
Position: Floor Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday; variable evening and additional coverage as needed
Rate: $13/hour; $14/hour for scheduled Manager on Duty shifts
Open: August 22, 2017
Responsibilities and Essential Function
- Provide training and leadership to front-line employees
- Facilitate and reset exhibits as needed
- Collaborate with the Education Department to ensure successful implementation of special events, programming, facility rentals, workshops and birthday parties
- Serve as a Manager on Duty, as assigned
- Competently lead staff in emergency situations
- Spanish speaking/bilingual
- Experience working with children
- Supervisory/staff management experience
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Energetic and flexible; demonstrated ability to take initiative in completing tasks
- Friendly and approachable; must enjoy interacting with the public (adults and children of all ages)
- Ability to take on all responsibilities of the position, including light cleaning duties, with enthusiasm and spirit of teamwork
- Abide by all Museum policies and procedures
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Write and speak English fluently
- Ability to load and unload up to 50 lbs., and stand for up to 6 hours
- Wear appropriate uniform when on duty
Please send resume, references and cover letter to:
Education Staffing and Training Manager
Please title subject line “Floor Supervisor.” No phone calls, please.
Be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to directly contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position, however please check your inbox and junk mail for any correspondence.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.