At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Children’s Museum is seeking a Full-time Marketing and Communications Coordinator to work with the Marketing team on all Museum-related marketing, advertising, communications and public relations.
Position: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Schedule: Full time, 40 hours per week; Monday – Friday, evenings and weekends as needed
Rate: Commensurate with skills and experience
Close: Until Filled
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provide marketing, communications, public relations and advertising support to all Museum departments
- Help maintain organizational brand standards
- Update and edit Museum website
- Create content for the Museum’s social media platforms
- Manage bi-monthly printed newsletter
- Create and manage email newsletters
- Write and edit press releases, web copy, fact sheets and content for Museum collateral
- Assist with promotion of all Museum public events, and with day-of event support, as needed
- Create basic in-house collateral
- Maintain news clippings and advertising tear sheets
- Work with printers to order signage/collateral
- Maintain inventory of printed collateral items
- Serve as Museum spokesperson and media liaison, as needed
- Attend off-site meetings, make deliveries and pick-ups
- Other duties, as assigned
- B.A. degree with 3+ years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations
- Strong computer skills; fluent in Microsoft Office, Email Marketing Software, and Website Content Management Systems; Google Adwords/Analytics and Adobe Creative Suite knowledge preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Strong organizational, writing and editing skills
- Basic media knowledge and comfortable with public speaking
- Strong design and layout skills
- Excellent at multi-tasking; ability to work with deadlines and under pressure
- Work well independently and with a team
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Marketing and Communications Manager
Please title subject line “Marketing and Communications Coordinator.” No phone calls, please.
Be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to directly contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position. Please check your inbox and junk mail for any correspondence.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.