At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Children’s Museum has an opening for a Grounds Specialist to ensure the campus is in great condition and is welcoming to guests in the morning.
Position: Grounds Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Schedule: Part-time, 20 hours/week; Flexible schedule, TBD; additional hours may be required for events and special projects
Rate: $11 per hour
Open: December 2, 2017
Close: When position is filled
Responsibilities and Essential Function
- Operate leaf blower to clear all walkways, driveway and plaza
- Power wash patio tables, walkways and equipment
- Campus and park trash pick-up
- Snow removal
- Weed pulling and spraying
- Landscape material maintenance and replacement
- Irrigation oversight and general watering
- Lawn mowing and trimming
- Support routine light and filter changes
- Special projects as needed including general repairs and daily maintenance needs throughout the Museum
- Shipping & Receiving oversight and coordination
- General painting and touch-ups
- Familiarity with small machines, i.e. mowers, blowers, chainsaw, string trimmer etc.
- Must be able to work with basic tools i.e. hand tools, landscaping tools, drills, ladders etc.
- Basic understanding of landscaping and irrigation systems
- Confident and motivated self starter with an eye for quality and detail
- Ability to communicate with staff, volunteers and guests in a direct and respectful manner
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must be able to lift, load and unload equipment and supplies, up to 60lbs
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to work predominately outside and in potentially hot, cold or wet weather conditions
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Associate Director of Facilities
Please title subject line “Ground Specialist/Maintenance Tech.” No phone calls, faxes or drop-ins, please.
Be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to directly contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position, however please check your inbox and junk mail for any correspondence.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.