At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Children’s Museum has several openings for Café Associates to support daily operations of the Museum Café.
Position: Café Associate
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Schedule: Part-time, 16 hour & 22 hour a week schedules available, shifts vary
Open: March 15, 2018
Close: Open until filled
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Create a welcoming, clean and presentable environment through exemplary customer service
- Responsible for accurately operating Café cash registers and balancing tills daily
- Keep retail and seating areas (both indoor and outdoor) clean, organized and safe for guests
- Stock merchandise in Café and vending machines during operating hours as needed
- Maintain knowledge of all Museum programming, special events and exhibit schedules
- Actively address guest complaints and work to improve overall guest experience
- Coordinate with and support volunteers throughout the Museum
- Other duties as assigned
- Physical Requirements: Ability to stand for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours) in a food service environment. This position also performs duties related to cleaning and organization, and will often be required to lift and move supplies and materials (up to 50 lbs.). Other physical requirements of the position may include, but are not limited to, walking, bending, stooping, crouching or reaching
- Work Environment: The work environment is busy and fast-paced, and requires excellent organizational and time management skills. Job duties will often need to be completed within tight deadlines. Timely, clear and effective communication with both internal and external partners is essential
- Abide by all Museum policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a direct, respectful and confident manner
- Ability to work effectively and accurately in a fast-paced environment while maintaining excellent customer service
- Clean, neat and professional appearance
- Ability to maintain a clean work environment
- Cash handling, cash register and point of sale experience
- Fluent English proficiency, writing and speaking skills required
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- English/Spanish bilingual fluency is preferred
Please send resume, references and cover letter to:
Please title subject line “Café Associate.” No phone calls, please.
Be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to directly contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position, however please check your inbox and junk mail for any correspondence.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.