Make Learning Through Play Possible!
Volunteering is a great opportunity to support our mission of creating a community where children, newborn through age 8, and their grown-ups learn through play. As a volunteer, you will play a very important role in determining the quality of each visitor's experience at the Children's Museum.
Families and groups are always welcome to volunteer!
- Opportunity to provide a positive impact on the families and children of our community
- Gain knowledge of early childhood education techniques and theories
- Socialize and network with staff and fellow volunteers with similar interests
- 20% discount on all food and beverages in Eat Street Café
- 20% discount in the Museum Gift Shop
- Invitation to annual volunteer appreciation event
- Free parking
- Individuals must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer unless accompanied by an adult guardian
- All volunteer candidates must complete an application and undergo a background check
- The Children’s Museum of Denver does not accept court-ordered community service volunteers
- We gladly accept school-appointed community service and ISP hours based on availability
To register to volunteer with us, click here. Once you're registered, please follow the links to sign up for a specific event.
Noon Year's Eve
Tuesday, December 31
Families can celebrate New Year's at a kid-friendly time! Volunteers greet guests, count down to the Noon Year, and facilitate craft projects and much more!
Target Tuesday Nights
Through Target's generous sponsorship of the Children's Museum of Denver, families can play for FREE the first Tuesday evening of each month from 4 to 8 p.m. We are looking for education exhibit volunteers who will interact with CMD members and guests (kids and adults) and encourage play in our various Museum exhibits. Volunteer shifts are from 4 to 8:30 p.m.
We have wonderful internships in Education, Exhibits, Marketing and more throughout the year! Check out our Jobs Page to see what's available today!