Make Learning Through Play Possible!
Volunteering is a great opportunity to support our mission of creating a community where children, newborn through age 8, and their grown-ups learn through play. As a volunteer, you will play a very important role in determining the quality of each visitor's experience at the Children's Museum.
Families and groups are always welcome to volunteer!
- Opportunity to provide a positive impact on the families and children of our community
- Gain knowledge of early childhood education techniques and theories
- Socialize and network with staff and fellow volunteers with similar interests
- 20% discount on all food and beverages in Eat Street Café
- 20% discount in Shop, Skip and a Jump gift shop
- Invitation to annual volunteer appreciation event
- Free parking
- Individuals must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer unless accompanied by an adult guardian
- All volunteer candidates must complete an application and undergo a background check
- The Children’s Museum of Denver does not accept court-ordered community service volunteers
- We gladly accept school-appointed community service and ISP hours based on availability
Target Tuesday Nights
June 4 and July 2
Through Target's generous sponsorship of the Children's Museum of Denver, families can play for FREE the first Tuesday evening of each month from 4 to 8 p.m. We are looking for education exhibit volunteers who will interact with CMD members and guests (kids and adults) and encourage play in our various Museum exhibits. Volunteer shifts are from 4 to 8:30 p.m.
Target Tuesday Application
Just Add Water Playologist Volunteer
Join the Children's Museum this summer as a Playologist Volunteer and help facilitate the "Just Add Water" exhibit by encouraging children to observe, question, test and think creatively about the science and substance of water.
* Morning and afternoon shifts available daily
* Four-hour weekly commitment
* Great summer opportunity for youth (Age 12+)
Adult Volunteer Application
Youth Volunteer Application
G.R.O.W. Family Nights
Tuesday, April 23
and Thursday, April 25
G.R.O.W. is our Science and Literacy Collaborative, serving more than 900 Denver and Adams County Title 1 school children, their teachers and families. This is a special night where the Museum stays open late just for the students! Volunteers assist with art projects, sign families up for memberships, interview students with video cameras and help serve pizza and beverages.
We have wonderful internships in Education, Exhibits, Marketing and more throughout the year! Check out our Jobs Page to see what's available today!