The Children’s Museum of Denver has an opening for a Museum Associate with lots of energy and commitment to great customer service. Museum Associates work as part of the Museum’s Education Team to deliver an exceptional guest experience by interacting with children and families, maintaining welcoming play spaces, and supporting Museum programs. Associates represent the Children’s Museum to guests on the floor, answer questions, perform light cleaning and re-organizing duties, and assist with birthday parties, story times, and other programs and events as needed.
One position is currently available with the following schedule.
Museum Associate– 11-16 hours/week
Pay Range: $9.00 per hour
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Energetic and flexible; demonstrated ability to take initiative in completing tasks
- Friendly and approachable; must enjoy interacting with the public (adults and children of all ages)
- Ability to take on all responsibilities of the position, including light cleaning duties, with enthusiasm and spirit of teamwork
- Ability to handle emergency situations with professionalism and competence
- Spanish speaking/bilingual
- Experience in customer service and/or hospitality
- Experience working with children
General Employment Responsibilities
- Abide by all Museum policies and procedures
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Fluent English proficiency, writing and speaking skills
- Ability to load and unload up to 50 lbs., and stand for up to 6 hours
- Wear appropriate attire and uniform when on duty
The Children’s Museum of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by Monday, Oct. 27, 2014.
Position remains open until filled.
**PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS**