Guest Services Associate
Open: February 12, 2014
Close: position remains open until filled
FLSA Status: Temporary, Non Exempt, Part Time 20 hrs a week
Schedule: Available to work:
Wednesdays 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Thursdays 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Fridays 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
First Tuesday of every month from 4-8:30 p.m.
Must be flexibility to work more hours, when needed for events & school breaks. Must be available to work weekends & holidays if necessary.
This position is temporary through August 2014.
Salary: $9 per hour
The Children’s Museum of Denver has an opening for a part time Guest Services Associate to help ensure a positive experience for all members and guests of the Museum.
Job responsibilities include:
- Heavy cash register operations / cash handling for high volume admissions desk, gift shop, and cafe sales. Must be able to accurately balance cash register sales.
- Opening and closing procedures for effective and accurate front desk and cafe operations
- Daily cleaning, upkeep and stocking of gift shop, café and lobby areas
- Membership application processing and check- in
- Maintain clean and safe environment
- Communicate with guests ensuring customer service issues are effectively addressed
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and the ability to quickly learn our retail and ticketing programs
Applicant must have exceptional customer service and communication skills, friendly, helpful, enthusiastic and able to work well with a motivated team. Requires a minimum ONE year of customer service and retail cash handling/cash register experience preferred. Physical requirements: lifting up to 50 lbs. Bilingual is preferred.
Please send resumes and cover letter to Bonnie Bosworth, Office Manager: fax 303-433-9520 or email email@example.com. No phone calls please.