Facility Rental Coordinator
Open: April 16, 2015
Close: May 1, 2015
FLSA Status: Exempt, full-time 40 hours
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday (weekends and evenings as necessary)
BASIC FUNCTION & SUMMARY:
The Children’s Museum is excited to have a new rental venue as part of our expansion project. Now we are looking for the right person to make our program a success! The perfect candidate will have many qualifications; but organization, responsibility, dependability and assertiveness are the key attributes.
The Facility Rental Coordinator is responsible for marketing, developing, selling, planning, implementing and staffing the Museum’s facility rental program. This position also supports the Museum’s Group Sales & Reservation function and Guest Services Department as needed. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Guest Services.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, coordinate, sell, staff and facilitate all efforts related to the Museum’s Facility Rental program
- Create and maintain meaningful community relationships and cultivate new rental clients through ongoing networking and participation with industry related organizations
- Meet or exceed established budget goals as they relate to facility rentals
- Ensure clients and caterers are informed of rental rules and guidelines to ensure facility safety
- Assist in the sales and support of the Museum’s group sales and reservation process including: camps, birthday parties and school group bookings
- Database management and data entry related to facility rentals and supported areas
- Prepare statistical and budgetary reports as necessary
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Qualifications and preferred areas of experience:
- Assertive, team oriented, creative, high energy, outgoing, calm and flexible personality a must
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Experience in special events, rentals, marketing etc. preferred.
- Strong and relevant sales, negotiation and promotion experience
- Project management or related coordination experience
- Ability to multitask in an ever-changing environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Database management experience and MS office and basic computer operation
- Detail oriented. Strong organizational skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds i.e. set up for events with tables chairs and other equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of museums and/or non profits preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- A second language is always a plus!
- Volunteer supervision
- Event staffing supervision and scheduling
The Museum is a stimulating, team-oriented Non Profit environment. The Museum is committed to diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Please send resumes, cover letter and salary requirements to Bonnie Bosworth, Office Manager: (fax) 303-433-9520 or (email) firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.