The Children’s Museum of Denver has an opening for a Museum Associate with lots of energy and commitment to great customer service. Museum Associates work as part of the Museum’s Education Team to deliver an exceptional guest experience by interacting with children and families, maintaining welcoming play spaces, and supporting Museum programs. Associates represent the Children’s Museum to guests on the floor, answer questions, perform light cleaning and re-organizing duties, and assist with birthday parties, story times, and other programs and events as needed.
One position is currently available with the following schedule.
Museum Associate– 16 hours/week
This is a temporary position through November 30, 2014 with the possibility for renewal at the end of the period.
Pay Range: $9 per hour
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Energetic and flexible; demonstrated ability to take initiative in completing tasks
- Friendly and approachable; must enjoy interacting with the public (adults and children of all ages)
- Ability to take on all responsibilities of the position, including light cleaning duties, with enthusiasm and spirit of teamwork
- Ability to handle emergency situations with professionalism and competence
- Spanish speaking/bilingual
- Experience in customer service and/or hospitality
- Experience working with children
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Abide by all Museum policies and procedures
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Fluent English proficiency, writing and speaking skills
- Ability to load and unload up to 50 lbs., and stand for up to 6 hours
- Wear appropriate attire and uniform when on duty
The Children’s Museum of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by Monday, March 14, 2014.
Position remains open until filled.
**PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS**
Dana Monroe, Education Operations Manager
The Children's Museum of Denver
2121 Children's Museum Drive
Denver, CO 80211
Guest Services Associate
Open: February 12, 2013
Close: position remains open until filled
FLSA Status: Temporary, Non Exempt, Part Time 20 hrs a week
Schedule: Available to work Friday, Saturdays & Sundays
Must be flexibility to work more hours, when needed for events & school breaks. Must be available to work weekends & holidays if necessary.
This position is temporary through June 2014.
Salary: $9 per hour
The Children’s Museum of Denver has an opening for a part time Guest Services Associate to help ensure a positive experience for all members and guests of the Museum.
Job responsibilities include:
- Heavy cash register operations / cash handling for high volume admissions desk, gift shop, and cafe sales. Must be able to accurately balance cash register sales.
- Opening and closing procedures for effective and accurate front desk and cafe operations
- Daily cleaning, upkeep and stocking of gift shop, café and lobby areas
- Membership application processing and check- in
- Maintain clean and safe environment
- Communicate with guests ensuring customer service issues are effectively addressed
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and the ability to quickly learn our retail and ticketing programs
Applicant must have exceptional customer service and communication skills, friendly, helpful, enthusiastic and able to work well with a motivated team. Requires a minimum ONE year of customer service and retail cash handling/cash register experience preferred. Physical requirements: lifting up to 50 lbs. Bilingual is preferred.
Please send resumes and cover letter to Bonnie Bosworth, Office Manager: fax 303-433-9520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.