We are committed to welcoming all children and families.
At the Children's Museum of Denver, we strive to make our exhibits accessible to children of all abilities. Every exhibit is wheelchair accessible, and wheelchairs are available at the front desk upon request. Service animals are welcome in the Museum.
In addition, the Children’s Museum of Denver has partnered with several local organizations including SPECTRA Autism Center, Inc. to develop a guide to help you navigate our facility and get the most out of your visit. Our guide is designed to assist your family in planning your time at the Museum. The following tools are available to you at the front desk:
- A Museum Guide that includes pictures and details the types of things to expect in our exhibits
- A Museum Schedule Board that is available for customization upon your arrival
- A Museum Map
- A Noise Meter for each exhibit and room in our Museum
Our education staff receives ongoing training to supplement and improve the time all families spend in our Museum. Daily educational programs and StoryTimes are designed for inclusion.
Families desiring a tour from an education staff member should contact our Museum Educator, Traci McGrath, at TraciM@cmdenver.org or 303-561-0108. Tours must be scheduled one week in advance and are dependent upon the availability of staff.
Times when the Museum tends to be less busy include Mondays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesdays from 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Mission and Guidelines for Play
Our mission at the Children’s Museum of Denver is to create a community where children and their grown-ups learn through play. We have five guidelines that provide a safe environment for learning and having fun. Our guidelines are posted throughout the Museum and are detailed below:
- Children and adults must stay together.
- Adults are responsible for the supervision of children at all times.
- Please, no food or drinks in the exhibits.
- Shoes are required in the Museum (outside the Center for the Young Child).
- Treat other guests and Museum materials with kindness and respect.
- And above all, have fun!
Please check back for future access nights.