Role play in a child-sized grocery store and café!
Grab a cart and your shopping list, and stock up on colorful fruit and vegetables, bread and dish soap. Children and their grownups can imitate real-life experiences in this authentic grocery store where everyone pretends and plays their role. After the shopping is done, go through the checkout, and take your ingredients to the pizza kitchen to bake a yummy treat and serve to your customers!
Educational Concepts and Skill Development
This Playscape is carefully designed to support the development of these important early learning principles:
- Social/Negotiation: Practice every day interaction with people in social environment
- Large Motor Skills: Pushing cart, reaching, grabbing, putting apron over head, sweeping and mopping
- Fine Motor Skills: Various grasps (basket, food, utensils), releasing and dropping
- Literacy: Early literacy (print awareness)
- Creative Thinking: Role-playing
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Planning, mechanics (cash register), visual/spatial skills
- Language: Daily living vocabulary, bilingual exposure in print
- Community Awareness: Daily living, environmental exposure
- Cultural Awareness: Bilingual instructions/menu
- Arts: Dramatic role-playing
- Health/Nutrition: Food preparation, nutrition choices
- Math: Money concepts, measuring
Where is it?
Play & Learn Together
- Stimulate play by asking open-ended questions
- Invite kids to try multiple roles to enrich this dramatic play experience
- Talk about the food choices you make at the grocery store
but fun for all ages