Just Add Water
Explore WILD water!
Just Add Water will be back and better than ever June 15 - August 22, 2013!
Warning: You will get wet!! Drip, splash, splosh, woosh! With elements that are both simple and wildly unpredictable, there are many ways to get wet, to play and to learn in this outdoor summer exhibit filled with swirling, whirling, geyser-filled adventures. Guests can pump, channel, pour, sprinkle, divert and paint with this extraordinary substance. The Geysers, Water Works, Whirlpools and Fountains and the Blank Slate Gallery will provide the means to direct, divert and contain water.
Please note, this is a water play exhibit, not a water park. You will get wet and may want to bring a towel or quick-drying clothes. Adults are responsible for the safety of their children at all times. Swimming is not allowed and there is no lifeguard on duty. Shoes are required at all times.
All Just Add Water activities are included with Museum admission and are weather permitting. The exhibit closes 30 minutes before the Museum.
Educational Concepts and Skill Development
This Playscape is carefully designed to support the development of these important early learning principles:
- Social/Emotional: Sharing, turn taking, social interaction with peers
- Fine Motor Skills: Manipulation of small objects, hand-eye coordination
- Cognitive: Problem-solving, same/different, imaginative play
- Language: Science and water vocabulary
- Sensory: Environmental exposure and independent exploration
Our exhibits team made Just Add Water right here at the Children's Museum of Denver. Check out these prototyping videos .
Take a tour of our exhibits. (Just Add Water is not part of our virtual tour.)
Where is it?
Play & Learn Together
- Help your child explore the physical properties of water
- Explore cause and effect phenomena
- Engage in play patterns that facilitate invention, creativity, leadership, and cooperation
1 - 8 years
but fun for all ages