Fire Station No. 1
Safety is our motto in Fire Station No. 1!
Get in the drivers seat, sound the siren and rush off to save the day! Fire Station No. 1 is the fire safety exhibit with a real fire truck, a 911 call center, dispatch station and even a pole. Be a community hero!
Educational Concepts and Skill Development
This Playscape is carefully designed to support the development of these important early learning principles:
- Social/Emotional: Interactive play
- Large Motor Skills: Dressing, climbing stairs, sliding down pole
- Fine Motor Skills: Driving, holding and manipulating hose, hand-eye coordination in Interactive 911 - pushing buttons, dialing phone
- Creative Thinking: Imaginative/role-play, dress up
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Fire safety (prevention skills, problem-solving what to do in a fire), smoke maze practice
- Teamwork: Imaginative play with peers
- Community Awareness: Role of fire department in community, recognition of fire truck and sounds, recognition of firefighter
- Safety: Fire safety and prevention
Where is it?
Play & Learn Together
- Encourage experimentation with roles using costumes and equipment
- Talk to your kids about what to do in an emergency to reinforce critical thinking
- Support exploration of group solutions to problems by encouraging interaction
but fun for all ages!