The mission of the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. The Children’s Museum has an opening for a Revenue Accountant to ensure accurate management and reporting of the Museum’s revenue accounting activities.
Position: Revenue Accountant
FLSA Status: Full-time
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Open date: June 13, 2017
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Reconcile all cash receipts with ticketing systems and bank accounts, prepare cash receipt entries and maintain related ledgers
- Prepare and record daily bank deposits
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly and monthly reporting (attendance, retail sales, programs, etc.)
- Control access to safe, ensure appropriate funds on hand for cash registers; reconcile cash registers daily and cash held in the safe regularly
- Control and reconcile petty cash
- Collect miscellaneous cash donations from receptacles and machines throughout Museum
- Generate receivable invoices and record in the general ledger.
- Maintain system for tracking accounts receivable; update accounts receivable ledgers
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Reconcile general ledger revenue & receivable accounts
- Reconcile bank statements
- Assist with month end close and update sub-ledgers
- Assist with annual audit
- Assist with grants management and tracking
- Backup other finance staff
- Archive files per document retention policies
- Special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years accounting experience with minimum 3 years experience in revenue/cash management
- Hands-on accounting experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting software, Excel and Word
- Must be meticulously detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and the ability to handle projects independently when required
- Must be dependable
- Non-profit experience
- Blackbaud software experience
- Cultural organization and/or SCFD experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant field.
Please send resume, references and cover letter to:
Please title subject line “Revenue Accountant.” No phone calls, please.
Be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to directly contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position, however please check your inbox and junk mail for any correspondence.
The Children’s Museum of Denver of Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.