The mission of the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. The Children’s Museum has an opening for an Accounts Payable / Payroll Accountant to process these transactions and ensure accurate & timely financial data.
Position: AP / Payroll Accountant
FLSA Status: Full-time 40 hours per week
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Daily update of the general ledger and accounts payable
- Weekly processing of accounts payable checks
- Review vendor invoices and all employee’s expense reports for compliance with organization’s guidelines
- Reconciliation of accounts payable report with vendors when required
- Semi-monthly preparation of payroll includes updating employee benefits
- Complete month end journals entries and reclassification to ensure accurate financial information
- Monthly sales tax reporting and payment of employee benefits
- Monthly updating of schedules
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Fixed asset records management
- Document fixed asset procedures for the Museum
- Assist with annual financial audit and budgeting
- Assist with daily closing
- General knowledge of accounting software systems, previous general ledger, payroll and accounts payable experience required.
- Ability to work in a team environment along with the ability to handle projects independently when required.
- Demonstrate strong Excel software skills
- Demonstrate ability to handle confidential material
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Strong attention to detail
Please send resume, references and cover letter to:
Please title subject line “AP / Payroll Accountant.” No phone calls, please.
Be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to directly contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position, however please check your inbox and junk mail for any correspondence.
The Children’s Museum of Denver of Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.